Call Upon God To Help You With Traumas and Past Mistakes

Mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up;

therefore my heart faileth me.

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me:

O Lord, make haste to help me.

PSALM 40, verses 12, 13.



Sin shall not have dominion over you.

ROMANS 6, verse 14.



O Thou, to whose all-searching sight

The darkness shineth as the light!

Search, prove my heart; it pants for Thee;

Oh, burst these bonds, and set it free!

G. TERSTEEGEN.







Yes, this sin which has sent me weary-hearted to bed and desperate in heart to

morning work, that has made my plans miscarry until I am a coward,

that cuts me off from prayer, that robs the sky of blueness and the earth

of springtime, and the air of freshness, and human faces of

friendliness,--this blasting sin which perhaps has made my bed in hell for me so long,

--this can be conquered. I do not say annihilated, but, better than that,

conquered, captured and transfigured into a friend: so that I

at last shall say, "My temptation has become my strength!

for to the very fight with it I owe my force."

W. C. GANNETT.



Popular Posts