Commend Yourself To God

November 17.

Every day will I bless Thee; and

I will praise Thy name for
ever and ever.

PSALM. 145, verse 2.


Commit thy works unto the Lord,

and thy thoughts shall be established.

PROVERB 16, verse 3.


Lord, I my vows to Thee renew;
Disperse my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with Thyself my spirit fill.

THOMAS KEN.


Morning by morning think, for a few
moments, of the chief employments
of the day, any one thing of greater
moment than others, thine own especial
trial, any occasions of it which are likely
to come that day, and by one short
strong act commend thyself beforehand
in all to God; offer all thy thoughts,
words, and deeds to Him--to be
governed, guided, accepted by Him.
Choose some great occasions of the day,
such as bring with them most trial to thee,
on which, above others, to commend
thyself to God.

E. B. PUSEY.


Will you not, before venturing away from your
early quiet hour, "commit thy works" to Him
definitely, the special things you have to
do to-day, and the unforeseen work
which He may add in the course of it?

F. R. HAVERGAL.


Popular Posts