Serve God and Fear Not

November 7.

I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision.

ACTS 26, verse 19.





The Lord our God will we serve, and His voice will we obey.

JOSHUA 24, verse 24.


I will shun no toil or woe,
Where Thou leadest I will go,
Be my pathway plain or rough;
If but every hour may be
Spent in work that pleases
Thee, Ah, dear Lord, it is enough!

G. TERSTEEGEN.


All these longings and doubts, and this
inward distress, are the voice of the
Good Shepherd in your heart, seeking to
call you out of all that is contrary to
His will. Oh, let me entreat of you
not to turn away from His gentle pleadings.

H. W. SMITH.


The fear of man brings a snare. By halting in
our duty and giving back in the time of
trial, our hands grow weaker, our ears grow
dull as to hearing the language of the true
Shepherd; so that when we look at the way
of the righteous, it seems as though it was
not for us to follow them.

J. WOOLMAN.


Popular Posts