The Work That His Providence Assigns To Me

February 11.

I have finished the work which
Thou gavest me to do.

JOHN 17, verse. 4.


She hath done what she could.

MARK 14, verse 8.


He who God's will has borne and done,
And his own restless longings stilled,
What else he does, or has foregone,
His mission he has well fulfilled.

FROM THE GERMAN.


Cheered by the presence of God, I will do at
each moment, without anxiety, according to
the strength which He shall give me, the work
that His Providence assigns me. I will leave the
rest without concern; it is not my affair. I ought
to consider the duty to which I am called each
day, as the work that God has given me to do,
and to apply myself to it in a manner worthy of
His glory, that is to say, with exactness and in
peace. I must neglect nothing;
I must be violent about nothing.

FRANCOIS DE LA MOTHE FENELON.


It is thy duty oftentimes to do what thou
wouldst not; thy duty, too, to leave undone
what thou wouldst do.

THOMAS A KEMPIS.

Popular Posts