The Secret Of The Ages: How to Solve All Your Problems



Dear Friend,

Rather than just giving you some more easy words and smooth saying--easy to accept but not strong enough to help us wake up--I'll talk about something important.

This article goes to the root of our problems: resentment.
I could just say: don't resent your situation, don't resent your spouse, don't resent yourself, don't resent anything.

Resentment robs you of your higher powers. It literally renders you subject to circumstance. Resentment renders you sensitive to stress, it separates you from calm reason and intuition, and it robs you of the measured response and makes you go to extremes.

Let go of resentment. There is no one more important piece of advice I can give you. Even Ann Landers, one of the greatest and most revered advice givers of all time, said it. After a lifetime of giving advice, she said: be more forgiving.
There. Now I've said it. Let go of resentment.

If you took this to heart and really, really realized how destructive resentment is and how resentful you have been: your problems would be over.

But though we all know that resentment is sneaky and dysfunctional, we hang onto the right to resent. We say "I can't forgive him--too much has happened." We get to play God, you see, judging and condemning another human being (even our beloved family), so that we can revel in the feeling of resentment which reinforces our pride.

So, like I said, most people just won't see that what I am saying is true, and others will say it is too simple. Others just won't give up resentment (just like some people won't give up sweets or cigarettes, because they reinforce pride).

My books are excellent. But two, in particular, are very elucidating, because they deal with family. And after all, if we want to be more forgiving, we should start with those nearest to us.

If you would like a sampler of my writings about forgiveness, emotional issues, and spirituality, may I recommend The Best of Roland.
Now that I've given you the key instruction, you can't say you never heard it.
Thank you,
your friend, Roland


Popular Posts