Where Can I Find Some Old Fashioned Preaching Audio


Pastor Roland has been on the air for 22 years and he tells it like it is. Listen to his programs free at Pastor Roland's audio archives.

Pastor Roland also enjoys listening to old fashioned preaching himself.

Here's something Pastor Roland wrote a few months ago.

After a restless night, pondering the current state of the nation and the wo
rld, I felt a deep need for some kind of comfort.

I searched and searched the internet this morning for some old fashioned preaching: the kind you used to hear in America and the kind that used to be on the radio. Like the song says: "Give me that old time religion."

How I miss it. I yearn to hear someone with authority, a man with a booming voice, who tells it like it is, with no equivocation, no pandering, and no appeals for money.


A man with a message who is not out to win a popularity contest. A good man, a family man, who wants us to clean up our act, start acting like ladies and gentlemen, and help each other instead of hurting each other.

Incidentally, a lot of dads used to be that way. Some still are.

It is comforting to me to hear a strong authority tell it like it is.

If you would like to hear someone who speaks with power and clarity, may I recommend the late Dr. Adrian Rogers at Love Worth Finding Ministries.
.
If you would like to hear someone who speaks with power and clarity, may I recommend the late Dr. Adrian Rogers at Love Worth Finding Ministries.

After searching the internet for awhile, I came upon a really great site, SermonIndex.net, which published many old fashioned preachers. As it happens, I have a book on my shelf by a man named Vance Havner.
.
I checked and sure enough, SermonIndex has some of his old sermons!
If you have never heard or read Vance Havner, you are in for a special treat. You can find some of his sermons on SermonIndex.net.
.
If you love old fashioned preaching like I do, then you will love to hear Vance Havner.

Thank you SermonIndex. If you can support SermonIndex in some way, please do so. They have done a wonderful thing, putting these sermons on line for people to listen to.
.
Another gentleman you might listen to is Brother Ray Pringle. I used to listen to his 15 minute Word of Prophesy sermons every week night at 11:45 in the Bay Area when I was a young guy. His family has preserved all his programs to listen to.

While you are here, check out the old time radio widget in the right sidebar. Listen to a new program everyday.
.

Popular Posts