Be Still From Thy Own Thoughts - A Voice from the Past Who Understands the Meditative Life

The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek Him. EZRA 8, verse 22.

Into Thy hand I commit my spirit.


PSALM 31, verse 5.

Thou layest Thy hand on the fluttering heart, And sayest, "Be still!"The silence and shadow are only a part Of Thy sweet will; Thy presence is with me, and where Thou art I fear no ill. F. R. HAVERGAL.

Be still and cool in thy own mind and spirit from thy own thoughts, and then thou wilt feel the principle of God, to turn thy mind to the Lord God, from whom life comes; whereby thou mayest receive His strength, and power to allay all blustering storms and tempests. That is it which works up into patience, into innocency, into soberness, into stillness, into stayedness, into quietness, up to God with His power. Therefore be still awhile from thy own thoughts, searching, seeking, desires, and imaginations, and be stayed in the principle of God in thee, that it may raise thy mind up to God, and stay it upon God; and thou wilt find strength from Him, and find Him to be a God at hand, a present help in the time of trouble and need. GEORGE FOX.



Pastor Roland's comments


It is always with great joy that I encounter someone in whose writings I can see that he or she understood the meditative life. In George Fox I have found a kindred spirit. Just as I have with Madame Guyon and Cardinal Fenelon.


It's amazing that I offer the meditation exercise, which is a little tech support, 2011 style, to help the sincere seeker find what these mystics found. Yet I can't even give it away. But if I were selling tickets to a rock concert or a ball game, people would be standing in line. Go and figure.

Popular Posts