This Poor Methodist Woman speaks with wisdom--listen to what she has to say

Let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.

Psalm 105, verse 3.

.
The joy of the Lord is your strength.

Nehemiah 8, verse 10.


Be Thou my Sun,
my selfishness destroy,
atmosphere of Love be all my joy;
Thy Presence be my sunshine ever bright,
My soul the little mote that lives but in Thy light.

Gerhard Tersteegen.


I do not know when I have had happier times in my soul, than when I have been sitting at work, with nothing before me but a candle and a white cloth, and hearing no sound but that of my own breath, with God in my soul and heaven in my eye… I rejoice in being exactly what I am--a creature capable of loving God, and who, as long as God lives, must be happy. I get up and look for a while out of the window, and gaze at the moon and stars, the work of an Almighty hand. I think of the grandeur of the universe, and then sit down, and think myself one of the happiest beings in it.

A POOR METHODIST WOMAN, 18TH CENTURY.

Popular Posts