I have always loved the song "I'd rather have Jesus" sung by George Beverly Shea

I have always loved the song "I'd rather have Jesus" sung by George Beverly Shea.

In one of the comments someone said that George Beverly Shea's voice was best when he was in his 80's. It took on a special warmth and depth. May we all gain in skill and love to serve God better and better as we get older.







I put the lyrics underneath so you can sing along.









Rhea F. Miller in 1922 created this song in a poem and George Beverly Shea put the poem to a song in 1932 who played this song on the billy graham crusade for many years 


I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold,
I'd rather have His than have riches untold;
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands,
I'd rather be led by His nailpierced hand

Refrain:
Than to be the king of a vast domain
And be held in sin's dread sway;
I'd rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause,
I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I'd rather have Jesus than worldwide fame,
I'd rather be true to His holy name

Refrain

He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom,
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all that my hungering spirit needs,
I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead

Refrain



Popular Posts